Monday, January 27, 2014

Republic Day Celebrations

Hari Om!

Let me begin by thanking the parents who got the kids all dressed up for the Republic Day Celebrations and helped them practice their bhajan :)

Our class sang the bhajan "Atma Nivasi Ram". I had made badges of the Indian National Flag that the kids wore and they sure looked smart in their traditional clothes. I am real proud of how they performed confidently on stage without any stage fright! Their obsession with the mike provided a few good laughs though :)



We also had Shrujana from our class along with Shriya, another Balavihar student, perform to a beautiful classical based song set to Bharatnatyam steps.



All in all, it was a wonderful day when the kids were stars :)

Next week I'll be out of town, but Anisha aunty has graciously offered to take the class on my behalf.

See you soon... 


No comments:

Post a Comment